I was asked if the background needed to be a solid color on this assignment. It can be if you want or if you choose, you can vary the background as far as chroma goes. The main things you need to remember are that it should be monochromatic, value keyed, and express chroma contrast clearly. You also need to present a field condition. The field could be motifs on a solid ground or motifs on a ground that varies, or you could forego the "ground" all together and have a filled format, with no differentiation between motif and ground. It would be like a field of flowers so thick that you couldn't see their leaves or the ground beneath them.
I hope this clears up the question I was asked. If not, please feel free to ask for clarification.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment